In Grandas de Salime, there were two barber shops that did not stay open after their owners retired. From the 1970s onwards, men’s services were provided in women’s hairdressing salons. The barber’s tools and chairs in the Museum belonged to the “Dámaso” barber’s shop, opened by D. Dámaso Villaverde in 1929 and in service until 1976. The collection was completed with pieces on loan from the Escotét hairdressing salon in Oviedo/Uviéu.
An interesting and rudimentary perming machine acquired in Somiedo is also exhibited in this space, accompanied by a sample of ladies’ hairdressing instruments from the 40s and 50s.